Congratulations on your decision to get married!
Paddington Uniting Church is a popular wedding venue due to our location, beautiful sandstone church and inclusive community.
Below you will find some information about holding your wedding here. If you have further questions, please contact our Bookings Coordinator,
Paddington Uniting Church specialises in twilight ceremonies. The best times are:
- Friday, Saturday and Monday evenings, 6pm – 9pm
We can also arrange ceremonies at other times, although on Saturdays we can only accommodate small weddings (up to 40 people) between 11am and 3pm due to the operation of Paddington Markets.
You can book a ceremony at Paddington Uniting Church for $750 (incl GST). This includes:
- hire of the Church for the ceremony,
- celebration by the Minister,
- use of an on-site dressing room,
- a rehearsal prior to your ceremony,
- site management,
- public liability insurance,
- cleaning of the Church after the ceremony.
All couples are encouraged to complete Prepare and Enrich before the wedding (Unifam currently charge $325 for this program).
Who can get Married at Paddington Uniting Church?
We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, ethnic or ethno-religious background, descent or nationality, previous marital status, disability, age, etc.
Do I need to be a member of the Uniting Church?
You don’t need to be a member of our congregation to have a ceremony at Paddington Uniting Church. You also don’t need to be a
practising Christian, but you do need to be willing to be married in the Christian tradition.
Can I get married by your Minister?
Our Minister, Rev Ben Gilmour, is available to perform your ceremony. Ben can guide you through the process, offer pre-marriage counselling and assist with the legal paperwork.
For more information:
- Getting Married at PUC FAQ (.pdf)
- Download Application Form (.doc)
- [NEXForms id=”2″ type=”button” open_trigger=”popup” text=”Apply Online” ]